Forest Oaks care home has a variety of facilities available to support residents well-being and enhance their quality of life. Here are some of the facilities we have at the home. The home is currently undergoing refurbishment to continue to allow our residents to enjoy a homely environment.
1. Accommodation: Forest Oaks has 45 bedrooms, some with ensuite shower or bath, all with ensuite toilet for residents. These rooms are designed to be comfortable and safe, often equipped with necessary furniture and amenities.
2. Dining Area: A dedicated dining area is provided where residents can enjoy their meals. Nutritious and balanced meals are typically prepared and served in accordance with residents' dietary needs and preferences. Our dining room has just been refurbished and we have added a bar for residents to enjoy tea, coffee or soft drinks or a tipple with their lunchtime meal.
3. Communal Areas: Communal areas include sun lounge, sitting room, arts and crafts room and a coffee shop. We have recreational spaces available for residents to socialise, relax, and engage in activities. These areas are be equipped with comfortable seating, entertainment options, and reading materials. We have a hair salon with a visiting hair dresser to help residents feel pampered. (there is an additional charge for this service)
4. Outdoor Spaces: Forest Oaks has beautiful gardens, with outdoor seating areas where residents can enjoy fresh air, engage in light physical activities, or simply relax amidst nature.
5. Personal Care Services: We offer assistance with personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and medication administration. Trained staff members are available to provide support and ensure residents' well-being. For Nursing residents our trained Nurses are on hand to provide the required nursing care.
6. Recreational and Activity Rooms: We now have a dedicated space for recreational activities, hobbies, and group events. These rooms can be equipped with games, crafts, exercise equipment, or spaces for group activities and socialisation.
7. Safety and Security Measures: Forest Oaks prioritises the safety and security of our residents. This can includes secure entrances, emergency call systems, and trained staff available 24/7 to respond to any emergencies or concerns.
Lounges The sun lounge is a popular area for socialising and is where our pre-lunch sherry is served and afternoon tea and coffee. The sun lounge overlooks the main lawn and is a bright, warm and cheerful place to sit with friends and visitors. Our main drawing room is a comfortable room used for relaxing, watching a movie, playing games or scrabble. Our residents like relax here with a tea or coffee and some home made cakes whilst chatting to their friends and family
Coffee Shop and amenities We have a fully equipped hair salon. Our residents may book an appointment with our hairdresser or may choose to bring their own hairdresser to the home. Our hobbies room is a great area for arts and crafts, flower arranging and other practical activities. However it is also used for meeting with friends and family and small group dining. (Currently being refurbished) Our Coffee shop is a favourite when meeting friends and family and helping our residents engage and socialise whilst enjoying a fresh tea or coffee and some home made cakes.
BedRooms Our private en-suite rooms are bright with a pleasing garden view and there are additionally fully adapted baths and shower rooms on each floor. If required there is a telephone and internet access point in each room in addition to Wi-Fi being available. We encourage our residents to bring with them small pieces of furniture and personal items to make the rooms feel more like home. Housekeeping, laundry and catering staff provide a full service. Drinks and snacks are available 24 hours a day.
Extra Services The grounds at Forest Oaks are of particular benefit to our residents as they provide a safe level area to walk and the various seating areas provide relaxing outside space for entertaining visitors or for some quiet meditation. Parking is available at Forest Oaks for our residents if they still wish to drive and for their visiting families. Visiting chiropodists, dentists, opticians are available at additional cost but will visit the home for ease for our residents. The beautiful village of Brockenhurst is only a stones throw from the home and accessible via a private gate out of the property. The village has a variety of shops such as a local Tesco, chemist, florist, chinese restaurant and a bistro for residents to enjoy. There is an active local church group and prayer group in the village.